Health Benefits of Crown Green Bowls
Health professionals recommend playing bowls, particularly for older people, as it provides a number of health benefits, including:
- improved fitness
- improved coordination and skill development
- increased confidence and self-esteem
- enhanced mental wellbeing
- community connectedness and support.
How Crown Green Bowls Can Improve Your Health
Any form of exercise is good for your health, no matter how gentle it may be. If you are participating in a team sport, such as crown green bowls, it helps improve your social life too, which contributes to all round happiness and well-being.
Whether you are under ten, or over eighty, and are taking up the sport for the first time, crown green bowls is a great game for people of all ages and we shall take a look at these benefits below.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Fitness – Crown Green Bowls helps moderately improve muscle strength (arm, shoulder, leg muscles), flexibility and endurance.
- Mental Health – The game gets you out into the fresh air and helps alleviate depression and anxiety.
- Increases Skills – Bowls involves some element of problem solving skills and also helps improve co-ordination and concentration.
- Improves Confidence – Participating in a sport helps improve self-esteem and gets you out and about and meeting people.
- Self-Discipline – Sports such as crown green bowls involves turning up on time and being organised by wearing the correct uniform for competitive matches.
- Social Interaction – Crown Green Bowls helps improve social skills and being part of a team also gives you a sense of belonging.